Dr. Dickey P. Nyerongsha is a seventh generation Tibetan physician . Her family's mission is to preserve and promote the ancient and mystical yet highly effective holistic ways of Tibet's healing heritage as she gives workshops and consultations seeing clients around the states as well as the clinic in Berkeley . She hopes to establish a Tibetan Medical school in the West.
Dickey Nyerongsha, TMD. is a traditional doctor of Tibetan Medicine. She is the sole practicing female Tibetan physician in the United States today. Her family name is synonymous with compassionate medical care in her homeland Tibet. While her early training in medicine was in the Nyerongsha Medical School (as a young girl at age seven she began studying pulses etc.), she graduated from Men-Tsee-Khang, the most prestigious medical school in Lhasa, Tibet. Dr Nyerongsha maintains consulting practices in Colorado, Arizona, Texas, and throughout California as well. She resides in San Francisco.
Visit Dr. Dickey's website: www.clavan.netINSTRUCTIONS FOR YOUR APPOINTMENT WITH DR DICKEY:
The day prior to your appointment --
1) NO medications except for necessary prescriptions
2) NO red meat
3) NO alcohol
4) NO coffee
5) NO black tea
6) NO vitamins
7) NO foods that are unusual to your normal diet
8) NO nutritional yeast
9) NO strenuous activity
10) NO sexual activity
11) NO beets, asparagus or red swiss chard
12) NO shower or bath in the morning before your appointment
13) (A) for morning appointments--IF POSSIBLE
and within the constraints of your health--DO NOT eat or drink anything except water prior to your appointment (if you must eat , partake of a very light meal please)
(B) for afternoon appointments--eat as lightly as possible (such as bread or porridge and water)
14) URINE SAMPLE
Everybody should bring a urine sample but it is especially important for first time clients . In a clean dry glass jar or bottle collect your second urination after midnight (if you have frequent urination during the night then bring the first sample after 4am) . Do NOT refrigerate the sample and do NOT drink large amounts of water to induce urination for this sample !
15) If you have seen a Tibetan doctor before please bring your records/file etc if you have access to such .
16) Arrive a few minutes early for your appointment to allow you to fill out any paperwork and have a few moments to rest and calm before the doctor sees you .
17) If you need to cancel for any reason we ask you call 48 hours before your scheduled appointment as there is usually a waiting list and the doctors' time is precious .
$138. for first time clients . Your first appointment usually takes about 45 minutes, while subsequent visits take less time and a charge of only $88. applies .
New clients= $138. consultation fee + cost of herbs
Returning clients=$88. consultation fee + cost of herbs